Yes, you heard that right: it’s happening again! Teacher Week at the Beach is on the calendar for Wednesday – Friday, July 31 – August 2, at Jenkinson’s Beach and Boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach and pre-registration is open for just a few days more! The three day educator appreciation event, inaugurated in 2016 by Plymouth Rock’s Teachers’ Insurance Plan, has hosted thousands of educators and their guests for a day of fun in the sun, free of charge.
Registered educators get a beach pass and a choice of aquarium or mini golf admission for themselves and a guest for any one of the event days. Plymouth Rock’s Teachers’ Insurance Plan, the event host, is a long-time supporter of the NJ educational community and a perennial sponsor of teacher events, PD programs, scholarships and grants. In addition, the auto and home insurer has sponsored the Teachers’ Lounge blog and website, an online resource for the tristate area educators, featuring blogs by educators, stories profiling teachers around the region, and regular posts about educator discounts, events, grants and PDs. The company recently extended its commitment to educators into the Keystone State, opening up business in Pennsylvania late in 2017. Plymouth Rock offers exclusive rates and benefits for educators with its affinity discount program in PA and its Teachers’ Insurance Plan auto insurance program in NJ.
If you haven’t yet pre-registered
Go to njteacherweek.com now and sign up before registration closes on Monday, July 29.
Reminders for those planning to attend
Here’s some important information about picking up your passes, and plans for inclement weather:
- Pick up for passes is W-F, 9 am – 3 pm at the Teachers’ Insurance Plan event table located on Jenkinson’s boardwalk near the Parkway Avenue entrance across from Jenkinson’s Aquarium gift shop.
- Passes must be claimed by 10 am on Friday, August 2. Any pre-registered passes not claimed by this time are not guaranteed and may be given to others.
- This offer is only available to NJ, PA and NY residents who are educational employees. Must show proof of employment by a public, private or charter school or school district. For example: paystub, board of education or .edu email account, NJEA, NYSUT or PSEA card, or other proof of employment (like a school ID card) will be required to claim your passes.
- Passes are good for one-time use on any of the event days (July 31 – August 2). Beach passes are also good for one time use the following week on weekdays (August 5-9) if not used during the event. You may not pick up passes for other registrants.
- In case of inclement weather, please visit http://www.njteachersweek.com for news and updates about cancellations or shortened hours for picking up passes. The event check-in table is in an outdoor area and will close for rain, etc.
- Registrants are welcomed to pick up their passes on any of the event days, even if they plan to use them on a different day. However, you will need to use them on one of the event days, or the following week, M-F. A limited number of passes will be available each day for eligible non-registered, “walk up” attendees.
See you at the beach!
Comments are closed.