Summer break may still have a week or two remaining, but as teachers, we never really stop, do we? Teaching is one of those 24 hours, 365 days a year jobs. Time off is really time to catch up, plan ahead, and cross items off the to-do list! We work hard as teachers, and these companies think we deserve a little something back! Take a look to find events you can fill the summer days with, or goodies you can pick up for the upcoming school year.
Places to Visit:
- Philadelphiazoopass Calling all teachers and administrators working in public, private and charter schools. This zoo pass will give you free admission between September 1 and June 15 and can be used multiple times. Teachers must register online for their individual pass and must bring BOTH a valid pass and teacher ID, union card or school district pay stub with every visit. Parking is not included. Registration opens August 1, 2018
- Franklin Institute This one is an easy one. Just print the form at home and have it filled out when you arrive. Hand it in at the box office and make sure you have an active teacher ID card from New Jersey, Delaware or Pennsylvania to receive a complimentary general admission ticket. Check it out for a possible field trip or some curriculum ideas!
- Academy of Natural Sciences at Drexel University. Register by filling out the form in the link under ¨Teachers visit for free¨ to receive a one day ticket to the Academy. Check it out for a possible field trip or some curriculum ideas!
- MedievalTimes This is just a fun idea! Half off tickets to a dinner and a show at Medieval Times! Just call 888-WE-JOUST and use the code TEACH18 to receive 50% off adults!
- Sesame Place Sesame Place is showing their love of learning and appreciation of teachers with this awesome offer! While it is currently closed, keep watching for the new offer to begin. Once opened, teachers can register to receive a voucher. The voucher must be brought to Guest Relations in the park, along with a valid teaching certificate and a valid photo ID by an assigned date. Teachers passes are currently usable the end of July through January 2020 and can be used as often as you like!
- ColonialWilliamsburg: History comes alive at Colonial williamsburg, and educators can enjoy 50% admission just by presenting a valid teacher ID at the ticket office.
- CrayolaExperience: Enjoy interactive family fun experimenting with chemistry, color and technology! K-12 educators receive free admission at all Crayola Experiences, but the closest to NJ is in Easton, PA. Be sure to bring your school ID or paystub.
- Every Kid in a Park. Are you a fourth-grade educator? You can get free passes to national parks for your student- and for YOU. These passes give free access to all national parks, lands, and waters through August 31, 2018.
- Dinosaur Train Educational Resources. Free Video Clips, Music, Activities, & Poster. All you need to do is click the link, and fill out the form.
- FREE Stossel Classroom DVD. Just register and click! Stossel is offering 2 awesome DVDs: 2017: censorship, and 2018: innovators. You can choose either or both!
- Scholastic Classroom Magazines. Just click the titles that you are interested in sampling! Choose from 29 different editions ranging from pre-K through high school.
- A. Barron Gift Box Free Gift Box including posters, color maps, bookmarks, reader’s guides, discussion guides, articles, inspirational quotes, weekly readers, and a documentary DVD.
- Wooden Rulers All teachers can request a free set of 6″ wood rulers for your students, by simply submitting the short form in the link.
- Supplybox I know I am not the only teacher who buys supplies for my students. If you teach in a school where the rate of free and reduced lunch is 70% or higher, you may qualify for two free supply boxes with an assortment of essential items, including pencils, scissors, paper, and notebooks.
Jessica Kurtz has an MA in k-12 Teaching and Technology, BA in k-8 Education, BS in Biology, Science and Engineering middle school teacher at Toms River Schools, K-8 Science curriculum writer for Toms River Schools and Ocean County, independent Science workshop creator and presenter, freelance writer, skin consultant, wife, and budgeting mom of four who loves to travel, enjoy nature, connect with animals, and read. I believe in living and loving every moment of life to its fullest!
Comments are closed.