Being a teacher is a unique job, with unparalleled challenges, and rewards. That is why The NJ Teachers’ Lounge has compiled a list of the Top 25 (in no particular order) helpful, insightful, innovative, and downright hilarious Facebook pages, just for you.
There are a number of really great pages out there, some more well-known than others. Peruse our list to find a new page to add to your news feed this month, Whether you are looking for teaching resources, printables, teacher memes, collaborative ideas, or just relatability, these Facebook pages are sure to please.
1. The Educators Room (www.facebook.com/TheEducatorsRoom) – Features articles written by teachers, for teachers, showing that educators are experts in their fields. This page is all about “empowering” teachers.
2. Joe Dombrowski (www.facebook.com/mrdtimes3) – The hilarious musings of an internet-famous 4th grade teacher from Michigan.
3. Gerry Brooks (www.facebook.com/gerrybrooksprin) – An elementary school principal who hilariously relates to teachers in unapologetically real YouTube videos, memes and posts.
4. Mind Shift (www.facebook.com/MindShift.KQED) – Explores the future of education, through groundbreaking research and technology.
5. Getting Nerdy with Mel and Gerdy (www.facebook.com/GettingNerdy) – Unique, and interesting science lessons, created by two former science teachers.
6. The Ron Clark Academy (www.facebook.com/RonClarkAcademy ) – A non-profit middle school in Atlanta, Georgia, that helps to equip teachers with the best practices to transform student learning experiences and success.
7. The Brown Bag Teacher (www.facebook.com/BrownBagTeacher) – Fun and helpful tips, tricks, resources and ideas every teacher can use.
8. Clever Classroom (www.facebook.com/CleverClassroom) – A great source of useful ideas, printouts, and resources for teachers, created by a teacher.
9. We Are Teachers (www.facebook.com/WeAreTeachers) – Humorous tips and advice for teachers, as well as a collection of education ideas and resources.
10. Not So Wimpy Teacher (www.facebook.com/NotSoWimpyTeacher) – Resources and tips to help make learning fun in the classroom, as well as Facebook groups by grade to offer teachers grade specific support.
11. Edutopia (www.facebook.com/Edutopia) – Provides inspiration and information about what works in the classroom. Helps to equip educators with innovative teaching ideas.
12. Bored Teachers (www.facebook.com/BoredTeachers) – A place for teachers to escape and find humor in the frustration and exhaustion that comes with the profession.
13. Special Books by Special Kids (www.facebook.com/SpecialBooksBySpecialKids) – An inspirational special education teacher, who travels the world in an attempt to normalize the diversity of the human condition, to create a more accepting world.
14. Create. Teach. Share. (www.facebook.com/CreateTeachShareBlog) – Teacher resources, printables, and curriculum ideas, sprinkled with a touch of humor.
15. Eddie B. Comedy (www.facebook.com/EddieBComedy) – Hilarious comedian and teacher whose standup routines revolve around classroom, and teaching frustrations.
16. National Geographic Education (www.facebook.com/NatGeoEducation) – Provides free, high quality educational material that encourages exploration, and inspires students through their teachers and educators.
17. Simply Kinder (www.facebook.com/SimplyKinder) – A page just for kindergarten teachers, focusing on printables, ideas, teaching tools, and community.
18. Krokotak (www.facebook.com/Krokotak-192315615947) – Fantastic resource for unique craft ideas, and fun art projects. Most are oriented towards elementary aged students.
19. Mrs. D’s Corner (www.facebook.com/MrsDsCorner) – A special education teacher, who enjoys making grade-level content functional for kids of all ages. Curriculum resources, printables, teaching ideas, and humor.
20. Ted Ed (www.facebook.com/TedEducation) – Working with great educators and talented animators, they have created a resource of educational videos to help teachers get students engaged in science, and all aspects of their learning.
21. Create-Abilities (www.facebook.com/CassiesCreateAbilities) – Helping elementary educators to be successful in the classroom, by providing tools and resources to get kids engaged in their learning.
22. First Grade Fun Times (www.facebook.com/FirstGradeFunTimes1) – First grade resources, and ideas. Fun memes and helpful supplemental curriculum tools.
23. Education to the Core (www.facebook.com/EducationToTheCore) – A Facebook page from the author Emily Liscom, who wrote the book “Education to the Core.” A collection of tools and ideas to help teachers grow and develop their craft.
24. Teach 123 (www.facebook.com/Teach123.school) – Tips, lessons, and craft ideas for elementary teachers.
25. The Teacher Next Door (www.facebook.com/TheTeacherNextDoor) –A teacher who shares teaching articles, activities, videos, teacher humor, and inspirational messages.