- This event has passed.
“Stressed Brains Do Not Learn”
January 26, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$178
The Heart and Brain of the Matter: Applied Educational Neuroscience, the Brain and Adversity
A Paths to Potential Series Workshop
Stress impacts so much of our lives. Driving on the road, teaching in the classroom, “relaxing” at home and the list goes on. When stress and stressful situations effect the lives of young people, it will likely interfere with how they process information and how they act. Come learn about the latest in brain research about the impact that stress has on a child’s brain and on their behavior, their ability to focus and to learn.
“The website addresses the specific topics that will be covered :
- An understanding of Adverse Childhood Experiences ( ACE’s ) and the implication for education
- Toxic Stress, Adversity & Trauma Informed Care
- Creating Resilient Environments in our Classrooms and Schools
- Classroom Strategies to dampen the stress response
- Implementing focused attention practices and brain aligned strategies
- The Skill of Learning the Conflict Cycle- Co-regulation Skills for educators
- Addressing Teacher and staff well-being”
Participants will receive strategies aligned with this research for the benefit and well-being of students.
This workshop will be lead by two speakers: Dr. Lori Desautels and Mr. Michael McKnight
***$178 OR 7 ETTC hours.